top of page

Health Insurance

Alliance Program: 

Public Benefits Portal:

When you’re ready to apply, you’ll need: 

  • Your household monthly income. 

  • The Social Security numbers and dates of birth for each member of your household. 

  • Your immigration information, if that applies to you. 

  • ID 

  • Proof of DC Residency 

To be eligible for the Alliance, you must be: 

  • A resident of the District of Columbia, 

  • Have no other health insurance, including Medicaid and Medicare and 

  • Meet a certain income threshold. 


How can I apply for DC Healthcare Alliance? 

You must fill out a paper application and complete a face-to-face interview at a Department of Human Services Service Center 

alliance addresses.PNG

The Taylor Street and Fort Davis service centers are temporarily closed.

Food Stamps

How to apply- step by step: 

  1. Go to

  2. Click “create an account” to create an online account 

  3. Verify your account

  4. Go back to link above, and click “apply now” 

  1. Log in, and then follow application prompts to apply for food stamps 


Documents needed: 


-Proof of DC Residency 


-Birth Certificate/Social Security  

Cash Assistance



The Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP) helps District residents earning less than 40% of the Area Median Income (AMI) who are facing housing emergencies, by providing funding for overdue rent including late fees and court costs if qualified household is facing eviction. The program also supports security deposits and the first month's rent for residents moving into new apartments. The amount paid on behalf of eligible households depends on a household's income and available resources and is subject to certain limitations.  

Per the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development's (HUD) Rent Reasonableness Guidelines, ERAP may provide up to five times the rental amount based on the area zip code and bedroom size of the apartment/house.  

Eligible households may apply for ERAP twice within a 12-month period during the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency and within sixty days of the expiration of the public health emergency. 

Home - Stay DC ( 


Child tax credit- 

A1. You qualify for advance Child Tax Credit payments if you have a qualifying child. Also, you — or your spouse, if married filing a joint return — must have your main home in one of the 50 states or the District of Columbia for more than half the year. Your main home can be any location where you regularly live. Your main home may be your house, apartment, mobile home, shelter, temporary lodging, or other location and doesn’t need to be the same physical location throughout the taxable year. You don’t need a permanent address to get these payments. If you are temporarily away from your main home because of illness, education, business, vacation, or military service, you are generally treated as living in your main home. 

For information on how the amount of your Child Tax Credit could be reduced based on the amount of your income, see Topic C: Calculation of the 2021 Child Tax Credit


How do I apply for Child Tax Credit? No application is needed to use this program. However, you must file your taxes using the guidelines posted on the Schedule 8812 (Form 1040 or 1040A, Child tax Credit page. Based on the tax information you provided, the IRS will determine if you qualify and automatically enroll you for advance payments in 2021. 

bottom of page